What makes the ConocoPhillips Rodeo Run Different?
- 2013 marks the 26th anniversary year of the annual race
- Dedicated ConocoPhillips company employees, families, retirees and contractors volunteer in nearly 1,500 pre-event and day-of event roles each year.
- Race entry fees are provided to Houston Livestock Show & RodeoTM Educational Fund to fund college scholarships. ($3.3MM so far)
- Participants registering at H-E-B or Luke's Locker enter personal data on provided laptops for accuracy and ease.
- Corporate or organization-led teams can submit a team roster of all participants. Our volunteers assemble team packets inclusive of all team members for a convenient experience.
- The race kicks off the Houston Livestock Show and RodeoTM Parade with hundreds of thousands of spectators and follows Parade route for approximately ¾ of a mile.
- Race officials call out runner times at each mile and clocks are posted at major points.
- Participants celebrate at a giant Texas-sized post race party on Allen Parkway with great prizes in a fun atmosphere reflecting our city's western heritage.
- Volunteer Hoopla Teams assemble along the race course, cheering for participants and providing excitement and support.
- In 2013, bands will line the course, providing upbeat music and entertainment to participants and patrons, alike.
- Runners can pack their clothing in provided bags and "check" them in with ease and security to pick them up at the finish line area.
- 10K participants use a disposable timing tag to keep accurate record of their time.
- 10K runners can download a video clip of their race finish with the ability to e-mail it to their family and friends.
- 10K runners can view their results on flat screen monitors at the post race party.
- Runners can compare their 2012 10K results with their 5 year recorded history.
- Awards are provided to the top 3 places in each of the age group categories:
(14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and over)
- Houston Livestock Show & Carnival tickets are awarded to the first 1,000 online registrants.
- The first 1,800 online registrants have the option to choose between a Rodeo Run cotton t-shirt or Brooks Podium Performance shirt at the time of registration.
- A United Airlines ticket will be awarded to 1 online entrant.
- A United Airlines ticket will be awarded to 1 lucky Facebook Fan.
- A United Airlines ticket and 1 pair of Brooks running shoes will be awarded to lucky registrants at the H-E-B registration on February 4.
- The "Fly a Friend In" Promotion enables participants to bid airline miles to win 2 United Airlines tickets, 2 entries, 2 pairs of Brooks running shoes and 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza in downtown Houston.
- In addition to a trophy, 10K Race Winners will be awarded 2 United Airlines Tickets and a Cowboy Hat, reflecting Houston's western heritage.
- A themed Costume Contest brings extra flair to the event, awarding a United Airlines ticket to each of two adult categories and carnival tickets to our junior winner.